The only updates that I have are:
- On Feb 10, the court entered a second Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) in the KW v. Armstrong case requiring the Dept. of Health and Welfare to release all of its budget tool information, including the actual spreadsheets and formulas to Idaho Legal Aid.
- It has been reported that the Dept. of Health and Welfare has not agreed to voluntarily extend the relief to others in the DD program.
- James Piotrowski filed a class complaint on Feb. 8th and is planning to seek a class-wide Temporary Restraining Order any day now.
- The Dept. of Health and Welfare has indicated that they cannot support changes in the HB260 legislation that relate to current lawsuits.
For a Background and Synopsis of the KW v. Armstrong lawsuit seeKatherine's Updates - Week 4.
JFAC Budgeting Schedule (Feb 21st - Mar 9th) - key budgets:
Wednesday, February 22nd
8:00 - 11:00 Division of Vocational Rehabilitation -
FY12 Supplemental Request
Division of Medicaid - Supplemental Requests
Monday, February 27th
8:00 - 11:00 Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Division of Medicaid - Supplemental Requests Continued
Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Wednesday, March 7th
8:00 - 11:00 Dept of H&W (non Medicaid divisions)
Friday, March 9th
8:00 - 11:00 Dept of H&W (non Medicaid divisions continued)
Division of Medicaid - Budget
NOTE: The Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (IDVR) is requesting a supplemental of $367,000 to fund Community Supported Employment (CSE) Services in their FY12 Decision Units. These additional CSE dollars will provide job coaching for adults with developmental disabilities across Idaho who are currently on waiting lists for employment services. This request will be decided at the Feb. 22nd JFAC meeting.
In addition, IDVR is requesting an increase in their state match for Vocational Rehabilitation funds of $576,900 to secure the full federal dollars available to Idaho of $2.1 million dollars. This 20/80 match funds the upfront costs of assisting adults with disabilities to seek and obtain competitive employment in the community. JFAC will decide on this request during IDVR's Feb. 27th budget hearing.
Please contact members of the Joint Finance and Appropriation Committees and express your support for these two funding requests:
Idaho State Legislature
State Capitol Building
P.O. Box 83720
(208) 332-1000 or toll free: (800) 626-0471
The HB260 Funding Requests will be part of the March 9th Medicaid Budget Setting meeting.
go to top